The foundation stone of Hollstein GmbH was laid in 1946, when a company for air and heat engineering was founded in Dresden. In GDR times, the company mainly dealt with the construction of filter and wood drying plants.
The current company name came into being with the takeover of the business by Mr. Jürgen Hollstein in 1978. With the following managing director, Mr. Steffen Lange, in 1994, the company was founded by Hollstein GmbH. The company now focused on the construction of facilities for the tobacco industry and steel construction.
A new chapter of Hollstein GmbH started in 2008 with the new company owner and managing director Mr. Andreas Altewischer. The company evolved into a state-of-the-art supplier for the manufacturing industry. The focus of the work is the production of filter technology, ventilation systems and special machines.
Customers now include clients from all over the world. The customer base covers numerous sectors such as the food, tobacco, chemical, concrete, stone, earth or rubber and plastics industries.
In 2016, Hollstein GmbH changed its location and relocated its headquarters from Dresden-Niedersedlitz to Freital, where a new company property with a new production hall was built. In an interview with the “Sächsische Zeitung”, managing director Andreas Altewischer justified this necessary step.
Groundbreaking on February 29, 2016 in Freital near Dresden.